Wednesday, September 16, 2009

music meat and potatoes

I love music. I have the utmost respect for musicians. Their dedication and unstoppable drive
is really remarkeable.i mean, consider the rejecton they face, and the odds of success.
I think it is pretty cool that there are so many avesnues to get your music heard today, with the internet and all.
but, i was thinking about it the other day, and I kinda feel like, a great disservice
is being paid to musicians.
HUH?
Well, look, every one with a computer these days can make music.
There are a billion music programs.
I have a friend who cannot play an instrument, and yet, with a few pushes of certain keys on a keyboard, three or four loops, and a drumbeat later, hes got a song.
How is that fair to all the unheard talented musicians, who have spent years
honing their craft, and are being passed by, by the digital, creations?
maybe, I am just too old school.
But, i prefer analog.
I think the Beatles sound so good, because they recorded their music live.
And i like real musicians,and real instruments.
I guess you could call me a meat and potatoes music lover.

No comments: